Welcome to our web site.
Reading branch of the Embroiderers’ Guild is a friendly group of enthusiastic stitchers, always pleased to welcome new people to our midst. Our meetings are held in the afternoon on the last Wednesday of the month so that we are able to hold a stitching class in the morning. These range from basic traditional techniques, often with a modern twist, to more ambitious classes and to experimental textile art, although predominately hand stitching and are run by visiting tutors or our own members. This makes us an ideal branch for people interested in learning more about embroidery. We try and have something for everyone and are happy to have people of all abilities taking part – don’t worry about your level of skill, you will fit in. We aim to have fun stitching together.
- 30th Jan: Cathedral Window Patchwork with Ann Richards - Morning Class More Info...
- 30th Jan: Wendy Nicholson - 'Fabric Birds'
- 13th Feb: Day Workshop - Chris Dobson, Quilter with Applique Tulip More Info...
- 27th Feb: Vera Bradshaw Day Workshop - Loetitia Gibier with Gold Work Scarab Beetle
- 27th Feb: Members' Morning
- 27th Feb: Kay Dennis - 'Stumpwork'