Welcome to our web site.
Reading branch of the Embroiderers’ Guild is a friendly group of enthusiastic stitchers, always pleased to welcome new people to our midst. Our meetings are held in the afternoon on the last Wednesday of the month so that we are able to hold a stitching class in the morning. These range from basic traditional techniques, often with a modern twist, to more ambitious classes and to experimental textile art, although predominately hand stitching and are run by visiting tutors or our own members. This makes us an ideal branch for people interested in learning more about embroidery. We try and have something for everyone and are happy to have people of all abilities taking part – don’t worry about your level of skill, you will fit in. We aim to have fun stitching together.
- 30th May: Taster Session - Fabric, Paper, Paint, Stitch - Morning Class More Info...
- 30th May: Kate Findlay - 'Appliqued Birds and Landscapes'
- 13th Jun: Day Workshop - Gold Work Bee Part 1 with Loetitia Gibier More Info...
- 27th Jun: Gold Work Bee Part 2 with Loetitia Gibier - Morning Class
- 27th Jun: Margaret Jones -'Handwoven Tapestry Weaver'