Due to the coronavirus restrictions all classes and meetings have been cancelled until May.
Welcome to our web site.
Reading branch of the Embroiderers’ Guild is a friendly group of enthusiastic stitchers, always pleased to welcome new people to our midst. Our meetings are held in the afternoon on the last Wednesday of the month so that we are able to hold a stitching class in the morning. These range from basic traditional techniques, often with a modern twist, to more ambitious classes and to experimental textile art, although predominately hand stitching and are run by visiting tutors or our own members. This makes us an ideal branch for people interested in learning more about embroidery. We try and have something for everyone and are happy to have people of all abilities taking part – don’t worry about your level of skill, you will fit in. We aim to have fun stitching together.
- 8th Apr: Day Workshop - 'Scarab Beetle' with Loetitia Gibier
Workshop Cancelled due to Coronavirus restrictions
- 29th Apr: Morning Class - 'Beadwork part 1' with Heide Jenkins and Angela Schmid
Class Cancelled due to Coronavirus restrictionsMore Info...
- 29th Apr: Meeting - Frankie Maddox 'Applique Designer'
Meeting Cancelled due to Coronavirus restrictions
- 27th May: Morning Class - 'Beadwork part 2' with Heide Jenkins and Angela Schmid More Info...
- 27th May: Meeting - (tbc)